Explore Midwest Ag
Featuring a broad agricultural overview — including crop and pork production, farm equipment, and commodity shipping — this two-day tour starts Monday and ends Tuesday.
- Fair Oaks Farm, home of The Pig Adventure, for a view of modern pork production
- Barge trip on Mississippi River to learn about grain exports
- Presentation on how the U.S. pork industry is rapidly changing to meet the needs of an international marketplace
- JBS feed mill and modern grow-finish barn
- If time permits, a stop to a modern retail grocery store will be included
Cost of $450 USD includes:
- Bus transportation
- Lodging on Monday, June 4
- Meals on June 4 and 5
- World Pork Expo admission
Attendees have two options for meeting the tour group:
- Meet on the afternoon of Sunday, June 3 in Des Moines, Iowa to be transported by bus to Chicago
- Meet on the morning of Monday, June 4 at the Hilton Garden Inn O'Hare International
Lodging on Sunday in Chicago is not included in the cost of the tour and can be booked for a group rate.
Register for the tour as part of attendee registration. Limited spaces available.