Attendees can choose from 10 free seminars at this summer’s Expo, June 8 to 10.
DES MOINES, Iowa, May 5, 2022 — Pork industry professionals will get the latest in production and management education through topical seminars at the 2022 World Pork Expo, presented by the National Pork Producers Council (NPPC). World Pork Expo takes place June 8-10 at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines, Iowa.
This year’s line-up of Business Seminars and Pork Academy gives producers the opportunity to learn about critical topics such as sustainability, data, industry collaborations, nutrition, and more.
“These seminars provide opportunities for pork professionals to stay on top of the latest challenges, topics, trends, and innovations in our industry,” said NPPC President Terry Wolters, owner of Stoney Creek Farms. “The World Pork Expo is an excellent place to learn how to improve operations and outcomes with the newest strategies.”
5 Business Seminars to Choose From
This year’s line-up of Business Seminars includes a variety of sessions, such as multi-part panel discussions and Q&A opportunities. All Business Seminars take place in the Varied Industries Building.
Business Seminars schedule of events:
Wednesday, June 8:
- 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. — Join Dan Jones, Ph.D. for Today’s Science, Tomorrow’s Success: ADM Feed Additive Portfolio and Elliott Brammer, VP Amino Acids, ADM Animal Nutrition to learn more about the amino acid market, current developments and research focus. Sponsored by ADM.
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. — Supply chain challenges. Labor shortages. Sustainability pressures. Market volatility. Join experts for this entry in our sustainability series, Sustainability of Modern Protein Production in Times of Global Supply Chain Uncertainty. Sponsored by Cargill in partnership with National Pork Board.
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. — What does international and domestic demand for crops and pork look like? How is that impacting pork prices and pork consumption? Learn more in this seminar, Economic Outlook of the Crop & Pork Industry. Sponsored by ADM in partnership with National Pork Board
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. — Are you already thinking about how to optimize performance and profitability this fall? If not, you should be. Get the tools you need to do just that in this seminar, Perfect Plan for Fall Profitability & Beyond: Live! Sponsored by Cargill.
Thursday, June 9:
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. — It’s no secret that most of us in the industry realize that market barrows perform better than gilts. But should we look at this challenge as a cost of business or a revenue opportunity? Join this panel discussion: Gilts vs. Barrows – New Innovation for Closing the Gilt Gap.st Sponsored by Zoetis.
5 Pork Academy Sessions and Networking Opportunities
This year’s Pork Academy is included with admission. Presented by the National Pork Board and Pork Checkoff, the Pork Academy introduces big ideas and innovative thinking from experts ready to tackle the challenges faced by pork producers and our communities. All Pork Academy events also take place in the Varied Industries Building.
Pork Academy schedule of events:
Wednesday, June 8:
- 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. — Coffee Talk: Hot Topics in the Pork Industry, featuring Bill Even, CEO of the National Pork Board.
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. — Sustainability Series: What’s Coming and Why You Need to Be Ready, featuring Dr. Frank Mitloehner, Professor and Air Quality Specialist, UC Davis CLEAR Center.
Thursday, June 9:
- 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. — Foreign Animal Disease Series: The Alphabet Soup of Disease Response, featuring guest speakers Dr. Pam Zaabel, Director, Swine Health, National Pork Board; Tyler Holck, Senior Program Coordinator, US Swine Health Improvement Plan; and Dr. Anna Forseth, Director, Animal Health, National Pork Producers Council.
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. — Foreign Animal Disease Series: Depopulation and Disposal, featuring Marguerite Tan, Director, Environmental Programs, National Pork Board; and Stephanie Wisdom, Director, Animal Welfare, National Pork Board.
- 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. — Sustainability Series: Decoding Carbon Markets – What Do They Mean to You?, featuring Dr. Sara Crawford, Vice President, Sustainability, National Pork Board, and the Pollination Group.
Be sure to check out the sponsored Lounge Hours in Meeting Room B from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and again from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for opportunities to network with staff experts from the National Pork Board and get answers to your questions about sustainability and disease preparedness.
There’s still time to register to join thousands of pork industry professionals at this summer’s must-attend pork event. Learn more about the 2022 World Pork Expo at our website, which contains details about registration, daily events, hotel availability, and more.
World Pork Expo, the world’s largest pork-specific trade show, is brought to you by NPPC. On behalf of its members, NPPC develops and defends export markets, fights for reasonable legislation and regulation, and protects your livelihood. For more information about World Pork Expo, visit www.worldpork.org. For more information about NPPC, visit www.nppc.org.