Revised February 15, 2021
- What types of Personal Information do we collect?
- How do we use your Personal Information?
- With whom do we share your Personal Information?
- How can you request access, amendment, or deletion of your Personal Information?
- Your Marketing Choices
- Additional Technical Information
- Children’s Privacy
- International Transfer of Personal Information
- Third Party Website and Services
- Dispute Resolution
- Contact Us
1. What types of Personal Information do we collect?
The National Pork Producers Council (“NPPC”) collects Personal Information to better serve our customers and visitors. When we have a better picture of how people are using our website, we can improve the experience of our users.
The Personal Information we gather depends on the website involved and the portion of the website being visited. For any password protected areas, we may capture information including the username and the date, time, and/or length of the visit. In other areas, we record information that you affirmatively provide to us.
If you are registering for an event through one of our websites, you need to complete the relevant forms requesting contact information. If you elect to purchase anything or pay registrations fees via the website, you may need to provide additional information such as a shipping address or credit card.
2. How do we use your Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information we have collected from you for a variety of business purposes, such as the following:
- to fulfill your request to register for an event;
- to send communications (including documents and electronic messages or alerts) regarding our events, products, and services;
- to provide products or services offered through the website;
- to conduct market research relating to our events, products, and services;
- to perform website analytics and understand usage trends to personalize your access to the website;
We may also aggregate or de-identify your Personal Information so that it can no longer be used to identify you. This aggregated or de-identified information may be used for any purpose permitted by law.
3. With whom do we share your Personal Information?
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to unrelated third parties without your consent. However, please note that:
- We may share your Personal Information with other companies with which we collaborate regarding particular events, products, or services. These may include our co-promote partners for events, products, and services that we jointly develop and/or market.
- By entering a sweepstakes or other promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that sweepstakes or other promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the promotion to use your name, voice, or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the promotion.
If you submit to our website a comment, photograph or other content to be published, online or offline (in any medium), we may publish your name or other Personal Information in connection with publishing the content, and you are hereby deemed to give us permission to do so. You also give us a non-revocable royalty-free license to revise, republish, and reuse any submitted content in any medium for any purpose throughout the world.
We may also share your Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties who provide services to us, such as website technical support, processing of credit card transactions, customer service, promotion or sweepstakes administration, order fulfillment, and/or prize delivery, as applicable.
- Your Personal Information may be disclosed to a third party upon a merger or reorganization between us and the third party.
- We may disclose your Personal Information when required to do so by a government agency or a court of law, or when relevant to bringing or defending a legal claim.
4. How can you request access, amendment, or deletion of your Personal Information?
If you wish to request access to the Personal Information we maintain about you, or that we amend or delete such information, you may do so following the instructions in the “Contact Us” section, below. We will address your request in accordance with applicable laws.
5. Your Marketing Choices
By registering for an event through the website, you also consent to receiving future communications from NPPC and from other affiliated partners of the event for which you are registering. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you may contact us at the address listed at the end of this policy or by following the opt-out instructions provided in such marketing communications.
6. Additional Technical Information
Information. You may choose to decline cookies. You have the ability to delete cookie files from your hard drive at any time.
We allow third party behavioral tracking on this website. If you wish to opt out of behavioral tracking, you may do so by following the options provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance at https://optout.aboutads.info.
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. Our website does not presently recognize “Do Not Track” browser signals.
8. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from visitors under the age of 13. If you are a parent and you discover that your child under the age of 13 provided Personal Information to us, please let us know and we will delete that information from our files.
9. International Transfer of Personal Information
10. Third Party Website and Services
Our websites will occasionally have links to other websites that are not operated by NPPC. We are not responsible for the contents of those websites and have no control over what information they may or may not collect from you.
11. Dispute Resolution
12. Contact Us
National Pork Producers Council c/o Peter Blenkinsop
Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP 1500 K Street NW, Suite 1100 Washington, DC 20005