Wednesday, June 8
8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Sustainability. Foreign Animal Disease. Labor. Trade. There is no shortage of hot topics in the pork industry. Join the National Pork Board and a leading panel of pork industry experts as they discuss the latest issues in the industry.
• Bill Even, CEO, National Pork Board
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Sustainability isn’t a buzz word that’s going away. In fact, there are more global factors than ever before that will continue to put pressure on food producers. Join this discussion to hear the latest on what’s happening globally when it comes to sustainability and how producers and companies can stay ahead of the curve.
• Dr. Frank Mitloehner, Professor and Air Quality Specialist, UC Davis CLEAR Center
Thursday, June 9
8:30 AM – 10:00 AM
When it comes to FADs, do you know your SHIP from your SPS? What should you do first--SPS or AgView? Do you know if you need to become a CSSC or utilize the RABapp? Join this interactive discussion with a panel of experts that will help you understand the various acronyms, including SPS, CSSC, SHIP, AgView, and RABapp so that you can be more prepared for a foreign animal disease outbreak.
- Dr. Pam Zaabel, Director, Swine Health, National Pork Board
- Dr. Tyler Holck, Senior Program Coordinator, US Swine Health Improvement Plan
- Dr. Anna Forseth, Director, Animal Health, National Pork Producers Council
- Heidi Vittetoe, Pork Producer, JWV Pork
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Have you heard a lot about sustainability but you’re not sure what it means to you or how to get started on your operation? Meet with staff experts from the National Pork Board to get answers to your questions or to request your free On-Farm Sustainability Reports offered by the Pork Checkoff.
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
When it comes to preparing for a foreign animal disease outbreak in the U.S., depopulation and disposal are two of the biggest questions on producers’ minds. Hear from a panel of experts about lessons learned when it comes to emergency planning, depopulation, and disposal and how you can continue to prepare your farm.
- Marguerite Tan, Director, Environmental Programs, National Pork Board
- Stephanie Wisdom, Director, Animal Welfare, National Pork Board
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Worried about a Foreign Animal Disease (FAD) outbreak and how you can prepare your operation in advance? Meet with staff experts from the National Pork Board to get answers to your questions or to sign up for AgView, the free opt-in technology that promotes business continuity for America’s pig farmers by uniquely making disease traceback and pig movement data available to the USDA and state animal health officials on day one of an FAD.
2:30 PM – 4:00 PM
Carbon markets are the latest buzz but what exactly are they? How do they work? What questions should you ask? Join us for an interactive discussion to hear more about what carbon markets mean and how you can leverage them in your business.
- Ashley McDonald, Assistant Vice President, Sustainability, National Pork Board
- Marisa Martin, Executive Director, Pollination Group